Today’s world is fast-paced and technology-led.
It’s all too easy to get caught up in the madness and continually run at full pelt.
And before you know it, you have too many things to do and too little time in which to do them. Stop. Step back. Regain control and better manage your workload and time.
- Say no – nobody is super-human, and if you simply don’t have the capacity to take on any more, just say so.
- Prioritise – client projects with real deadlines will always take priority over nice-to-dos with fluid timelines. Priortise your to-do list and stick to it.
- Compartmentalise – when you have lots of projects on the go, it’s helpful to place each one in its own box and work through them one at a time, rather than jumping from one to another.
- Focus – if you’re writing a lengthy report that needs to be completed by the end of the day, shut down all technology distractions and focus on the task at hand. Replying to less time-critical calls, texts and emails can wait.
- Delegate – if you can pass something on to a colleague then do so; that’s what they’re there for.
- Take care – look after yourself otherwise you’re no use to anyone! Eat and drink well, take some exercise, get your full allocation of sleep, take breaks during your working day and time out at weekends. Productivity is hugely improved when you feel good and refreshed.
- Enjoy – we all spend much of our time working so make sure you enjoy it!